Come work for Meridian at our new facility in Hayward, California!
Meridian has a proud history dating back almost 70 years. Over the decades, we have grown from a small aircraft maintenance business into a full-service private aviation company. Along the way, we have learned that exceptional customer service is what our customers value most. That philosophy, along with our dedication to putting safety first, is the cornerstone of our culture at Meridian. We are proud to have earned numerous industry awards and accolades for our outstanding service and high safety standards, but that wouldn't be possible without the great people that we hire.
At Meridian, we are looking for highly motivated and skilled individuals who understand that their actions will leave a lasting impression upon our customers, which contributes to the reputation of our company.
We currently have a Part Time position available. Must be flexible to work during the week, weekends and holidays. Must be available to train Monday - Friday for two weeks. In this role, you will be a part of a team to help and maintain a safe and orderly Ramp Environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist passengers with luggage at all times on the ramp and street side
- Meets, greets and directs aircraft arrivals and departures
- Provide courtesy runs to hotel, restaurants, and/or as needed
- Aircraft towing/wing walking
- Refueling and defueling airplanes
- Work as a team to maintain excellent customer service relations
- Able to lift 60+ pounds (this is in work environment and physical demands below)
- A/C Lavatory and Potable Water Services
- Able to be on your feet all day (work environment/physical demands below)
- Able to work in all weather conditions (also covered below)
- Bending, lifting, squatting & climbing 6-10ft. ladder (also below)
- Maintain a professional, pressed, well-groomed appearance
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Maintain FBO vehicles and ensure they are fueled and cleaned before the end of every shift
- Review daily operations schedule for flight arrivals and departures and service requests
- Communicate with crew members both on the ground and in the air verifying time and services requesting
- Monitor flight tracker system
- Communicate all customer requests such as arrival/departure times, fuel orders, GPU, Lav and Vacuums to the Customer Service desk
- Monitor ground radio and outside operations
- Maintain the general cleanliness and upkeep of the facility – including, but not limited to, sweeping, wiping, cleaning, trash disposal, hangar cleaning, grounds-keeping, equipment washing, and light building maintenance.
- Aircraft washing and interior cleaning
- Maintain, clean and keep line equipment operational
- Be cognizant of facility and operational security
- Work addition over-time hours as needed
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all unites of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task, communicate well and work under high pressure situations
- Must be able to sit and monitor various systems throughout the day
- Basic Computer Skills
Certificates and Licenses Recommended:
Although not required, employees are highly encouraged to obtain these within one year of their date of hire.
- AST Line Services Training Course
- Valid and current California driver’s license
- CDL License not required but highly recommended.
Technical, Specialized equipment and machines:
- A/C Tow Equipment
- A/C Refuelers
- Fire Extinguishers
To be considered: You MUST include a cover letter, resume and answer all (3) questions completely.
Meridian is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable. Equal opportunity is afforded to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.